Cardinal Mindzenty

Admin

Administrator
Cor Mariae is introducing a new series of articles showing us how the great Contemplative Saints, Martyrs, Doctors, Confessors and Popes fought for the faith. The difference this time, however, is that this could well be the final battle. We are told they wish they could be here on earth to die again for Our Lord Jesus Christ. Well, they are with us strengthening us in our weaknesses with countless merits they have won already stored up for this very day. This Mindszenty series was contributed by a member who wishes to remain anonymous.

upload_2017-2-13_19-36-46.png

Last edited:

Admin

Administrator
"I want(ed) to set down here the words that, foreseeing what was to come, I had already spoken to my priests in farewell:

'Always and everywhere, nothing can happen to us except what the Lord commands or permits. Not a sparrow falls without His knowledge. The world can take a great deal from us, but never our faith in Jesus Christ. “Who can part us from Christ? Neither life nor death nor any created thing can separate us from the love of God. . . . we are not like those who have no hope and no faith. . . . Rather, we must now more than ever feel that we have become exemplars for the world, the angels, and men. . . . As long as we are able, let us strive for the Kingdom of Christ, a kingdom of justice and mercy. But on the way thither let us recall the words of Tertullian: “The accusations of certain accusers are our glory.”

-Cardinal Mindzenty, at the time of his arrest